Selling a less than luxurious home can seem like a daunting task, and even the most seasoned sellers may be intimidated.
However, there are some preparations and repairs you can make in order to make your house more appealing.
Make Necessary Repairs
Not all repairs or renovations will yield a profit when it comes to selling your home, but some of the most lucrative are:
- Patching up your walls– this is a quick and cheap fix you can do yourself. Seal up any holes in your walls and repaint them if necessary.
- Replacing your flooring- adding wood floors is a great way to add value to your home, and replacing any old carpeting is a must in order for your house to do well on the market.
- Sealing a cracked driveway– repairing your driveway is a great way to up its all-important curb appeal.
- Repairing roof leaks– a functional roof is essential for buyers to feel comfortable and safe in your home.
- Fixing broken outlets– especially in this digital age, working outlets are a necessity. For older homes consider adding a few outlets, particularly in bedrooms and the living room.
- Repairing broken cabinetry– broken door hinges or drawers that stick aren’t appealing to potential buyers. Add new hinges or drawer tracks yourself, and if the project is too big hire a professional. Consider a fresh coat of stain or paint if your cabinets are dated as a quick way to bring your kitchen into the 21st century.
Consider a New Addition
A relevant new addition can significantly increase your home value. Data compiled by Opendoor shows that adding finishing your basement, a third bedroom, a full bathroom, or a pool in warmer areas, can increase your home value by up to $20,000. If you really want to make more money it could be worth installing a new addition wherever your home may be lacking.
Clean and Stage Your Home
If you don’t have the budget for a new addition, don’t sweat it, you can still work wonders by cleaning and staging your home. When selling your home it’s important to clean every nook and cranny, remember to scrub walls and baseboards, kitchen and bathroom cabinets, and maybe even get your window professionally cleaned. Although your home may be dated, giving it the cleaning it deserves can act as a bit of a facelift.
Stage your home by updating any decor and hiding away any clutter. Make it a place buyers could envision themselves living. If staging your home seems a bit daunting, hiring a professional decorating company could be a good move.
Contact N.H. Homebuyers
If you’re thinking of selling your home, save yourself the time and hassle, and call N.H. Homebuyers today. We buy homes in any condition fast, without all the unnecessary fees. You could have cash in hand in as little as seven days. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation, we serve the Southern New Hampshire area, from Bedford to Hudson.