Selling your home without a real estate agent can sometimes feel like trying to navigate a long road trip without a map.
Keep reading to find out how you can sell your home on your own as painlessly as possible.
Why Forego a Real Estate Agent?
If you’re selling your home, why would you avoid using a realtor’s service? The biggest reason people put their homes up for sale by owner is to save money. A realtor’s typical commission is 5-6% of the price a buyer pays for your home, which can be a hefty sum especially if you need the money to put a down payment on another home.
Additionally, selling your home yourself gives you more control over the process. You get to decide the price of your home and what the advertising and listing look like. You can devote as much time as possible to the sale of your home, whereas a realtor may be dividing their time between several listings at once.
You will also be more able to answer tough questions about your home than a realtor due to your extensive personal knowledge of it. This means no awkward silences when a potential buyer asks what the neighborhood is like, or which rooms get the best natural light.
The Process of Selling Your Home Yourself
Where should you begin when selling your home yourself?
- Start off by doing your research and setting a price. Look at homes similar to yours in your area and use them as a baseline for where you should price your home.
- Get your home ready to show. This means doing all of the little things you may have been putting off, including painting the walls, upping your curb appeal, and deep cleaning to ensure your home is in tip-top shape for potential buyers.
- Prepare your listing. Put a for sale sign in your yard, and consider hiring a professional photographer to take pictures of your home for your online listing.
- Be receptive to buyers and negotiate. Once interest is shown in your home make sure you’re setting yourself up for success, show your home, keep in contact with interested buyers, and when offers start coming in make sure to advocate for yourself and get as close to the price that you want as possible.
- Handle your paperwork and close the sale. When you’ve settled on a price with the buyer that works for you both, it’s time to close. Paperwork can be one of the most intimidating parts of a sale, so make sure to look up your state’s guidelines to make sure you’re playing by the rules.
Contact N.H. Homebuyers
If you’re trying to sell your home without a real estate agent, save yourself the stress and contact N.H. Homebuyers today. We buy homes in any condition in cash in the Manchester, New Hampshire, area, which means no pesky last-minute renovations or staging. Contact us today for your no-obligation offer and you could have money in hand for your home in as little as seven days.